A Heartfelt Patriot Wish for 2011
My wish for all of us as we move forward, is that everything is questioned without accepting anything.
Here are some of the questions I had lately:
1. What was the origin of the Omnibus Spending Bill and when was it put together?
Answer: The primary 12 committees gave their recommendations for spending with regard to that specific area, early 2010 before the “Omnibus Bill” was pulled together.
2. Why didn’t the individual appropriation requests go through as individual bills?
Answer: This was a strategic decision by the current House and Senate Leadership (Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid respectively) to put them all together as one bill at the end of the year. This begs the question of what advantage would this be to the progressives who have actively sought to transform America.
3. Why was all the obvious “pork” added to the Omnibus Bill in spite of the recent election which spoke to the mandate of the American People? WHO benefited?
Answer: The media focused on Republicans even though they had less than 1% of the pork in the bill. The majority of the media was focused on “hypocritical Republicans”.
4. Did anyone notice the reactions of the liberals when the Omnibus Spending BIll was dropped by Harry Reid?
Answer: Very little was said by the Progressives as they moved back quickly to the treaty and appropriation discussions.
It is as if they never intended to pass this bill……as if it never happened.
5. What result did the Republicans get with the introduction of this bill and the focus from the media?
Answer: Teaparties didn’t ask any questions about the why, how, or when of the earmarks. The Teaparties and patriots quickly jumped to conclusions that the Conservatives had added billions in earmarks after saying they would no longer use earmarks. The media fanned the flames of hypocritical Conservatives and the Tea Parties turned on the Conservatives.
6. Did any network ask when the earmarks were requested for things like Defense?
Answer: No. These requests were prior(by many months) to the agreed upon moratorium on earmarks and prior to the release of the Debt Commission Report by many months.
7. Did anyone ask why the Congressional leadership chose to ignore the critical funding requests until the end of the year when the government was almost out of money?
8. Who controlled the majority in the 2010 Congress?
9. When 70% of the people were against the proposed Healthcare bill for moral and/or economic reasons, did Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi EVER cave due to pressure from the constituents or the Tea Party pressure?
10. Did Harry Reid and the liberals gain anything by dismissing the Omnibus Spending Bill?
1) Republicans threatened to demand the reading of the bill. This would cause a lot of parliamentary delay (up to 80 hours if requested twice) and put passage of other bills at risk in this session. The Democrats gained time on the floor by dismissing the bill.
2) There was plenty of time to ensure passage of the Arms Treaty (which weakens the US defense), and the temporary funding bill for the government.
These latter two bills will assist the Progressives on their agenda for 2012.
11. What did the President gain by this “compromise” on the tax situation?
Answer: Some Independents, Republicans, Tea Partiers, and media began to say he is moving more toward the center, just like Bill Clinton. It softened opposition to his Presidency to some degree.
12. Did the President “care” about compromise when he refused to meet with any conservatives for about 18 months?
Answer. No. He continued to use his Congressional majority to ram the agenda down the throats of Americans.
13. Did the President “lose” anything on the tax compromise?
Answer: A bit of grumbling from the left and saber rattling. Nancy and Harry are still in place and they were able to get the liberals under control in under two weeks.
What is the moral of this story? Liberals have proven repeatedly over the past two years that they are ruthless, and will do anything to achieve their agenda. The Senate is still controlled by a Master Puppetmaster named Senator Harry Reid. Leopards don’t change their spots, and patriots need to beware of trickery in the coming two years.